Faculty, School of Engineering, Universidad del Desarrollo (UDD), Chile;
Director, Sustainability Research Centre and Strategic Resource Management; (CiSGER);
Principal Investigator, iSustainabilityLab,
Academic Director, Master’s program in Sustainability Management, School of Engineering, UDD.
Faculty, Doctorate in Social Complexity Sciences, School of Government, UDD.
Head, Waste to Energy Research and Technology - Chile, WTERT-Chile.
Research Associate, Earth Engineering Center at The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Research Associate, FONDAP Centro de Recursos Hídricos para la Agricultura y Minería
- IEL 561 Engineering and Sustainability
- IEL 562 Environmental Decision-Making
- IEL 430 Thermodynamics
Postgraduate Courses at Master’s program in Sustainability Management
- MAGS 462 Engineering, Society and Sustainability
Postgraduate Courses at Master’s program in Sustainable Cities
- MSS 101 The Economy of Sustainability
Postgraduate Courses at Doctorate’s program in Social Complexity Sciences
- PDCS: Social-Ecological Systems
Scholar in Residence 2012, Department of Modern Language and Natural Applied Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, WI, US August-November, 2012. As a Scholar in Residence at UW-Green Bay, I will teach,
- ENV SCI 318/518 Pollution Control (Team-taught with Professor John F. Katers)
- SPAN 465 Special Topics: Environmental Issues in the Americas.
Assistant Professor (2010-2012), Faculty of Ecology and Natural Resources, Research Fellow, Center for Sustainability, Faculty of Ecology and Natural Resources and Research Associate, Department of Engineering Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Universidad Andrés Bello (UNAB), Chile. Duties: Representative of Clean Production Agreement, “Protocol for Sustainable Campuses Consortium" among Universities and Government.
- Undergraduate Courses: CEG2081. Globalization, Global Change and Sustainable Development, IAB406/406. Sustainability, Innovation and Environmental Leadership, IND2214. Environmental Management and Energy BMA315. Biological System Assessment
- Postgraduate Courses: ETU302. Sustainability Indicators, DMC655. Ecosystem services
Analyst, Quality Assurance Department (2006-2009), Vice-rectory for Academic Affairs, UNAB, Chile.
(2008). School of Engineering and Sciences, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez, (UAI), Santiago, Chile. Courses: “Science and Technology: History and Environmental Sciences” and “Decontamination Processes”.
(2003 – 2006) Department of Biological Sciences, UNAB, Chile. Courses: “Biostatistics” and “Principles of Management”.
(2007). School of Engineering, PUC, Course: “Design Systems of Bioremediation of Soils”.
(2000 – 2006) Academic Program for Talented Children (PENTA) PUC and Andes Foundation, Chile. Courses: “Pollution and Environment” and “Classic Genetic”.
Awards and Honors
- Academic Excellence. Teaching, 2016. Industrial Engineering program. School of Engineering, Universidad del Desarrollo
- International Visiting Scholar, Departamento de Ingeniería Geológica y Minera de la Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha. October, 2017.
- Best Paper Award in The Seventh International Conference, on Environmental Science and Technology, sponsored by American Academy of Sciene. June 9 -13, 2014, Crowne Plaza, Houston, Texas, USA, Titled Use of Biosolids wastes as Froth Flotation Reagents for Copper Sulphides Concentration.
- Scholar in Residence, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Norbert College. WI, US August-Nov, 2012.
- International Visiting Scholar, The International Visiting Scholars Program University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and St. Norbert College. WI, US April 3-23, 2011.
- IBM Faculty Innovation Award, 2010 Smarter Cities Skills Innovation Award Program. Course: Smarter Cities: Environmental Decision Making.
- Award for Young Researchers. Fee Remission in 4th European Bioremediation Conference, Technical University of Crete, September 3th to 6th, 2008, Chania, Crete, Greece.
- Awarded in the Innovation Challenge Tournament. Week of innovation sponsorship by Chilean Innovation Forum, UAI and Endeavor. November 2008.
- Awarded in Innovation Challenge for Graduate Student, 2007, Faculty of Engineering, PUC
- Academic Excellence, Conference Poster Award: The Second International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology 2006 sponsored by American Academy of Science will be held on August 19-22, 2006 in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Selected among “Chile’s 100 Young Leaders 2006”. 2006. Center of Leadership, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez and Revista El Sábado. www.redlideres.cl.
- Doctoral Student Fellowship CONICYT
- MINEDUC Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Government of Chile, March 1995 – March 1996.
- Doctor in Engineering Sciences, Chemical Engineering and Bioprocesses Area. School of Engineering, Chemical and Bioprocess Department, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC).
- Master in Engineering Sciences, in Chemical and Bioprocesses Engineering. School of Engineering, Chemical and Bioprocess Department, PUC.
- Diploma in Human Capital Management, (2008). eClass program, UAI
- Professional Qualification as Biologist specializing in Bioprocesses. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC.
- Graduate Certificate in Organization and Human Resources Management. School of Management, Faculty of Economics and Management Science, PUC.
- Licentiate in Biological Sciences. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC.
- Strategic Leadership, (2008). MBA, UAI – Chile
- Survey Analysis with SPSS, (2007). SPSS Inc. Training and Education Services– Chile
- Education to Distance –e-Blended and e- Learning, (2001). Educative Technologies. UNAB
- Patents, Model’s Utility and Industrial Design, (2001). Department of Industrial Property, Ministry of Economy, Foment and re-construction. Government of Chile.
- Creation of New Companies (2000). PUC, Santiago, Chile.
- Strategic Management of Enterprises (2000). PUC, Santiago, Chile.
- 2002. School of Engineering, PUC;Courses: “Environmental Management”; “Biopolymers”.
- 1994-2000 School of Biological Sciences, PUC; Courses: “Basic Microbiology”; “Molecular Genetics”; “Reproduction and Development”; “Development and Animal Organization”; “Experimental studies in Ecology”; “Introduction to Biology”; “Evolutive history of Men: Last 2 million years”.
Graduate Research Assistant
- 2003 – 2006. Laboratory of Solid Wastes: Research: Aerobic bioremediation of desert soils and sawdust contained and contaminated with mixtures of hydrocarbon. Faculty of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Bioprocesses, PUC– Chile.
- 2001 – 2002. Laboratory of Microbiology, Focus: Biodiversity of marine bacterial communities in coastal environment with heavy metals pollution. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC – Chile.
- 1998 – 2001. Laboratory of Immunopathogenesis by Helicobacter pylori, Medical Research Center (CIM), Department of Pediatrics, Section of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, PUC– Chile.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
- 1997 – 1999. Laboratory of Microbiology, Focus: Pathogenesis and techniques in microbiology and bacterial physiology. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC – Chile.
- 1998. Laboratory of Sciences of Materials, Focus: Rheology of hot oils with respect at time and changes of apparent viscosity between commercials oils. Effect of the temperature in the Rheology. Faculty of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Bioprocess, PUC.
- 1996. Laboratory of Ecology, Focus: Perspectives of the biotechnological production in macroalgae for a rational use of the phycological resources. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC.
- 1995 – 1996. Laboratory of Reproduction, Focus: Study of GnRH over spermatozoids. Faculty of Biological Sciences, PUC.